In 2016, the Airdrie Football Society started Airdrie's first flag football league. The flag football season runs from the end of April to end of June. Registration opens in February and is split into three divisions: "Novice" for grades 1-3, "Atom" for grades 4-6 and "Jr. Bantam" for grades 7-8 (U15). The league plays on Sunday afternoons at East Lake Soccer Fields (off of East Lake Road). Each session includes a 30-45 minute practice and 45-60 minute game. All proceeds from league fees, and merchandise sales, go back into costs for running future flag football league seasons and donations to various minor football organizations in Airdrie, such as the Airdrie Field Turf Project.
2020 Season has been Canceled.
Unfortunately, the city of Airdrie has cancelled all outdoor organized sports for the remainder of the 2020 spring season.
Because of that, we are forced to canceled our 2020 season, but we will look forward to next year and our 2021 season. For those who have registered and paid, you will receive an email about refund options.
Scroll down for more info on the upcoming season!
2021 AFS Flag Football League (Dates TBD)
2021 REGISTRATION FEE $130.00
IF YOU ARE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR ISSUES PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO: AFSFLAGFOOTBALL@GMAIL.COM
NEW DIVISIONS FOR 2020
- Novice Division
- For players currently in grades 1, 2 & 3 only.
- Sundays 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm at East Fields.
- "5 vs 5 Coach Throw" with a Coach passing the ball for players to help develop catching skills.
- Atom Division
- For players currently in grades 4, 5 & 6 only.
- Sundays 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm at East Fields
- "6 vs 6 Player Throw" with one Coach on the field calling plays.
- Jr. Bantam Division
- For players currently in grades 7 & 8 but must be under 15 years of age.
- Sundays 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm OR 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm at West Fields (Each team plays during only ONE time period each week. Schedule TBD before season starts.)
- "7 vs 7 Players Only" with Players calling plays on the field and Coaches on the sidelines.
We are located at East Lake Soccer Fields unless noted otherwise. Times above subject to change and final schedule TBD. Season will begin with Evaluation day (TDB) and then will run for 8 weeks starting TBD (no sessions on Victoria Day Weekend - TBD) and ends with a year-end tournament and BBQ on TBD.
Birth certificates & Alberta Health numbers are required for age & insurance verification. All equipment is provided (a jersey, flags & mouth guard), with the exception of shorts/pants & cleats/runners to be the responsibility of the player (no pockets on the shorts/pants and no metal cleats allowed). All players are required to have a mouth guard while in the field of play or they will not be allowed to participate. Player can provide their own mouth guard if they so chose.
Kids Sport (www.kidsportcanada.ca) is available for those needing financial assistance.
Rules of the Game
AFS Flag Football Coaches Manual 2019.pdf
Size : 1312.626 Kb
Type : pdf